Monday 21 January 2019

Activity sheet on Rapid Reading


Section - Ill :

 Rapid Reading and Composition

'Q.5 (A) Read the following extract and do the activities that follow :   4

My brother' and I were transported in a cattle car to Germany..We arrived at the Buchenwald concentration camp one night weeks later and were led into a crowded barrack. The next day, we were issued uniforms and identification
nUmbers.
"Don't call me Herman anymore." I said to my brother. "Call mé 94983."
I was put to work in the cmnp's crematorium, loading the dead into a hand-cranked elevator.
I, too, felt dead. Hardened, I had become å,number.
Soon my brothers and I were sent to Schlieben, one of Buchenwald's sub-camps near   Berlin.
One morning I thought I heard my mother's voice.  "Son", she said softly but clearly, "I am going to send you an angel." Then I woke up. Justa dream. A beautiful dream.
But in this place there could be no angels. There was only work. And hunger. And fear. A couple of days later, I was walking around the gamp, around the barracks, near the barbed-wire fence where the guards could not easily see. I was alone.


Al) Global understanding. 2

The plot of the extract deals with the suffering of the narrator. Write two statements from the extract that justifies it.

1)
2)

Answer-


1)I was put to work in the cmnp's crematorium, loading the dead into a hand-cranked elevator.
2) But in this place there could be no angels. There was only work. And hunger. And fear.

A2) Converting the extract into dialogue. 2

Convert the above extract into imaginary dialogue between Harman and his bother.

Answer-

Harman : Brother tomorrow we were                           transported in the cattle car to                     Germany.

Brother : Oh! It means we can ready to                         suffer more.

Harman : Don't afraid
                    my brother every thing will ok                      soon.
Brother :But how we feel happiness                               place like this,here only are                           hunger and fear.

Harman : Angel will come and solve our                       problems. Yesterday mother                         told me in my  dream ," I will                          send you Angel"
Brother : Oh really!

Harman :  yes!

Brother :  Thanks God.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Rayat Shikshan Sanstha, Satara Second Semester Examination 2023 -24

       Rayat Shikshan Sanstha, Satara Second Semester Examination  2023 -24 Marks-80             Std - XI Sub - English                     ...