Saturday 27 January 2018

Rapid Reading - convert a dialogue between Roma and Herman


B) 1) Read the following extract and convert it in to a dialogue between
 Roma and Herman.

You may begin with

Roma : Herman there was a camp next to the farm
-Herman : How was the boy ?

"There was a camp next to the farm. " Roma continued. "I saw a boy there and I would throw him : apples every day. "
What an amazing coincidence that she had helped some other boy. "What did he look like?" I asked. "1-Ie was tall, skinny, and hungry. I must have seen him every day for six months."
My heart was racing. I couldn't believe it. This couldn't be. 'Did he tell you one day not to come back because he was leaving Schlieben?" Roma looked at me in amazement. "Yes ! "
 "That was me! "
I was ready to burst witfi joy and awes flooded with emotions. I couldn't believe it! My angel.
"I'm riot letting you go. " I said to Roma. And in thebackofthe Car on that blind date, I proposed to hen'I didn't want to wait.
"You're crazy ! " she said. But she invited meto meet her parents for Shabbat dinner the following -week. There wasqo much I looked forward to learning about Roma, but the mostimportant things I _ always knew: her steadfastness, her goodness. Formany months, in the worst ofcircum stances, she had come to the fence and given me hope. Now thal I'd found heragain, I could neverlether go.
That day, she said yes. And I kept my word. After nearly 50 years of marriage, two children and —— three grandchildren I have never let her go.

 ANSWER

Herman: Roma, where had you been before six months?

Roma:I had been in a small village near a concentration camp.

 Hennan: What was your experience in the camp .
 Roma:I would like to share it with you .

 Herman :I am eager to listen your experience.

 Roma : Herman , there was a camp next to the farm . I saw a boy there and I would throw him an apple everyday.

Herman: Oh , boy ! How was the boy?

  Roma: He was tall skinny and hungry.
 I must have seen ,   him everyday for six months.
Herman:( anxiously ) Did the boy tell you one day not to come
back because he was living Schliben?

Roma : (looking with surprise ) Yes! I remeber he said so . but  now do you know about this?

_Herman: Roma, I am that boy .

Roma O God! What a surprise! What a co-ihlcidence!

 Hetman: Roma , it's really surprising ..... Unbealivable ........ But I  am not lelting you to gonow . Roma I want to marry you.

 Roma :( blushing ) Are you crazy? meet my parents.
 Herman: Sure just tomorrow , but are you positive?

Roma( shyly)Ya!

Herman:Thank god Now I will never let you go:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Rayat Shikshan Sanstha, Satara Second Semester Examination 2023 -24

       Rayat Shikshan Sanstha, Satara Second Semester Examination  2023 -24 Marks-80             Std - XI Sub - English                     ...